Sunday, November 15, 2015

My Coloring Book

So yesterday i went malling again....my usual weekend activity with friendship RMAB.  I've long been wanting to buy a coloring book for adults but at that time, i couldn't find any being sold here...province you see....stocks, fashion and everything else arrive late.  As in count months not days.

Sometime back, RMAB introduced me to this app called Colorfy, a coloring book which you can do on your phone or tablet. I did a few but i don't like the free designs.  The ones that are to my liking needs to be bought thru their in-app purchases. But i digress....

In that malling exercise, i chanced upon a stall selling coloring books.  They have a fashion coloring book which i fell in love at first sight.  I know that i'm going to buy it....i love fashion.  Not that i am fashionable but when you have two of what you like in one item (coloring book and fashion), that spells excitement. For  Php 225.00, it was a steal.

The cover looks like a true fashion book...

There are bags for me to color

Clothes and more bags 



 There is even a color guide...

Off we (friendship RMAB and I) went to the bookstore for the coloring pencils.  Whew, there were just too many choices....watercolor pencils, erasable coloring pencils, erasable crayons and the classic coloring pencils.  They have the 12, 24 and 36 colors but RMAB told me to get the ones with lots of colors.  So we opted for the Faber-Castell 36 classic color pencils @ Php389.75.

It has a color guide on the box for easy reference...

As i want to uncover my innate artistic skills (if ever there's any left), i started with my coloring activity the next day.  I started with the easy ones and work my way to more complicated designs.  

The easy ones for me are Hermes paper bags and boxes

It could have been just an easy drawing to color....but the coloring pencil made my life difficult.  I had to do multiple coatings (and i mean multiple...not just 3x).  Else, a lot of uncolored spaces will show.  Even with the multiple coats, i was not fully satisfied with the outcome.

Maybe it has something to do with the pencil?


The tip was sharp (may be due to first use?) that my color went outside the box trying to balance the shade. A kindergarten pupil could have done it better than me :-)

Was it the coloring pencil or was it me?  I'd like to think that it's the coloring pencil...as what RMAB told me, i have to think that it's the coloring pencil so that i will be inspired to do my art work and finish the coloring book,

So there....it's not me.

Note:  Pardon the poor quality of photos, i used my Iphone 4...won't upgrade due to sentimental reasons. For as long as it's doing its job, i am fine.

I love you honeybunchie.....to the moon and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment