Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Vanity Kit (Part 2)

My beauty regimen is very low maintenance.  Not that i'm a beauty (though i want to think that i am - well, at least my Mum said so). 

I hate putting so many kinds of creams on my face (read: different set for daytime and night time).  So when i buy my moisturizer, i always make sure that it's something i can use both day and night.  At least i don't get confused...call that ageing. At one time i applied my eye cream on my face.  i was wondering why it wasn't as creamy, then i realized, it's for my eyes.  Why do they have to pack all these creams in identical bottles/tubes etc. when one is for the eyes and the other for the face?

Before 2005 (was still at my home country then), i wasn't using any facial cream.  Just facial wash/soap rinsed with water and i'm done. Sometimes, i use Cetaphil and just wipe it off with cotton pads. But moving here where the weather is hot to super hot,  i realized that  moisutrizer is a must. I tried every brand to know which will suit me and help maintain my school girl complexion. From Ponds (my Mum was a Ponds girl - i remember her making jewelry cases out of all those big empty Ponds container), Neutrogena, Oil of Olay, La Prairie, Clarins, Estee Lauder, samplings of Natura Bisse (i like this brand but they don't like my pocket) until i settled for Creme de la Mer. This is really good - i swear! I used this from 2008 to early this year.  It really moisurizes well but i have to deal with greasy face during the day.  Not even my sunblock nor my face powder helps mattify it.  Oh well, at least i can keep the flies from landing on my face.

On my many visits to L'Occitane (yes, visits - a little chat here, a little chat there and i'm gifted with samples - but i do it in different branches to avoid recognition, lol, it's not often that i get to buy their products but their sampleas are good for 3-4 applications only),  i was given samples of their moisturizers and i liked their Immortelle Precious Cream which i've been using since March. Not as greasy as La Mer (but will go back to La Mer when cooler winds sips in) and most of all, very friendly to the budget - 70% off La Mer's price. These brands may be pricey but the benefits are long term.  Remember, we need to regain our youthful skin. Consider that as an investment hehehe.

Here's my beauty 101:
1st i apply the serum, The Body Shop Nutriganics Drops of Youth (2nd from right), then the L'Occitane Immortelle eye balm (rightmost) and the Immortelle Precious Cream (next to Kiehl's) - see i told you, they pack their creams in identical bottles.  Good thing they don't come in the same size. This is basically my day and night routine.  The only additions are:  In the evening - applying lip balm (Crabtree & Evelyn) and during the day - sunblock (Bioderma or Kiehl's)
See, not too many, not too confusing and thereby, saving moonies and brain struggle (too much thinking which one to apply for which time).

No comments:

Post a Comment