Saturday, October 6, 2012

My Daily Commute

I don't drive....so owning a car is not in my goals. Although i have a dream car - a volvo SUV - since it's a DREAM car, i'd rather dream big. 

I have a colleague who showed her newly bought car to our boss (well, the website) and i happen to be inside the room too.  After my colleague left, i told my boss that since my salary cannot afford to buy a car, i'd rather not take driving lessons where i'll spend AED 5,000.00 (roughly USD 1,360.00) just for lessons alone.  My boss said, "Oh you are hurting me".  Oh, Dear Lord, i hope that statement really pierced thru the heart of my boss and give me a pay raise.  This...too....is a dream just like the state of my car.

So back to reality...my afternoon home ride - the Metro or train (that is if i'm not bashful enough to request my colleague JM to give me a lift as my home is along the way to his).  From work, i need to walk a gruelling 20 minutes to the station.  It only gets better during winter months (much like 1/4 of the year).  After a total of 25-minute train ride and waiting time, i walk for another 5 minutes to my home. With my building next to a vacant lot, it get's windy at times especially when there's a sandstorm.  And i get to bathe in dust...literally! I have to manage walking with my eyes closed too as the dusts gets into my eyes which hurts sooo badly because i wear prescription contact lenses. The 5 minutes of shower feels like an hour.  Yeah, i can even see the train from my window.  That's how close i am to the station.

here's a peek of my daily commute :
the train from afar...
 the station
 way to go...
 the walkway, it's cool and clean
 the platform....it's covered so there's no fear of falling off
 the train
 it's driverless....
the stations, the trains and the tracks are clean which makes for a pleasant ride

No comments:

Post a Comment